Ethernet Relay Card 5 Channel with DAEnetIP3 - TCP/IP, HTTP API, RTC
Ethernet relay card - five channels controlled by LAN. Based on DAEnetIP3 Ethernet IP controller which adds also 8 additional digital outputs, 8 analog inputs, 8 digital inputs and 1 UART port. With this card it is possible to control up to five independent electrical appliances. Supports TCP/IP protocol, HTTP API, Telnet, serial communication. It is possible to control the card via desktop software (DRM), via integrated web server (web browser), via FREE iOS and Android App, via command line utility and many other third parity applications. Can be used in Home Automation, Industrials, Robotcs.
- Brand: Denkovi Assembly Electronics ltd.
- Weight: 0.200 Kgs
- Based on DAEnetIP3-EB (documentation)
- 10/100 Mbit Ethernet interface with Link Led. Auto MDIX
- UART interface for RS232/RS485 serial connection with other such controllers. UART can be used also for configuration of the parameters
- Power supply requirements: 12VDC / 230mA
- 5 SPDT relay channels. Relays type is selectable by user during purchase:
- JQC-3FC/T73 (7A / 250VAC, 10A / 125VAC, 12A / 120VAC, 10A / 28VDC)
- RAS-12-15 (10A / 250VAC, 15A / 120VAC, 15A / 24VDC)
- 1 x 8 digital inputs. Levels: 0-3.3V
- 1 x 8 digital outputs. Levels: 0-3.3V
- 1 x 8 analog inputs. Referent voltage: 2.5 V, resolution: 10 bits, input range: 0-2.5V
- On boot the outputs are set with states before reset
- Built in RTC (Real Time Clock). It can be synchronized via NTP manually or automatically each 6 hours
- Capacitor power backup keeps time for days during power failure
- Virtual Serial Port - it may be accessed with Serial RS232 commands over TCP/IP network
- Integrated WEB server with password and features like Ajax parameters reading
- Configuration utility software DAEnetIP3 Manager available - here
- Telnet commands
- HTTP API commands
- TCP/IP ASCII protocol with optional RC4 encryption
- All the network ports can be defined by the user
- Supports ICMP (ping)
- 19 modes for I/O lines such as inverting, timer, pulses, setting output via input and switch ON/OFF according particular time (scheduling)
- Any input may be referred to control any output of this or another controller in the TCP/IP network
- Linearization for the analog inputs
- Box-to-Box (distributed) mode
- SMTP with authentication (SSL is not supported)
- E-mail notifications for various events
- IP address protection
- Power and status led
- Software by Denkovi - DRM Software (Windows/Linux), DAEnetIP3 Configuration utility, Command Line Tool, DAE-iModules App for iOS and DAE-aModules App for Android - New;
- Third parity software (Android software by iSwitch LLC, Majordomotic, MyDomoticaHd) - more info here;
- Various software examples - here;
Please note the relay board does not come with power supply adapter that you may need. We offer such suitable 12V adapters with plug-in outlet for your country on this link: http://denkovi.com/sys1357-2412-sunny-switching-ac-power-adapter-12v
The difference between the two types of relays is that JQC-3FC/T73 relays can handle max 12A/120VAC and RAS-12-15 can max 15A/120VAC.
- Electrical appliances remote control applications
- Home automation
- Irrigation systems
- Security and fire alarm systems
- Remote Lock/unlock doors
- Suitable for school and university education
Access via software DRM
This Five channel Ethernet Relay Module is supported by DRM Software. Please note the weekly schedule is not synchronized with the DRM software and the both are not related but separate. DRM Software is Windows/Linux software for controlling all our relay boards. Supported OS are Windows (tested on XP, Vista, 7 and 8) and Linux (tested on Ubuntu and OpenSuse)
Access DAEnetIP3 from mobile devices
iOS App DAE-iModules
Android App DAE-aModules
The video bellow shows how you can control DAEnetIP3 based device - Wi-Fi 12 Relay Module. Any other Denkovi Ethernet Device from this list can be acessed with same success from your iOS device via DAE-iModules
Here it is shwon video how to set-up the android application by iSwitch, LLC with DAEnetIP3: play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=iSwitchLLC.DAE.DAEnetIP3&hl=en
Some useful information about DAE-iModules and DAE-aModules and DAEnetIP3:
- Select device DAEnetIP3. Enter the IP, HTTP Port and web password for the device
- Tab "Other" contains the analog input values for the hardware linearization (by DAEnetIP3) while tab "Analog Inputs" shows their original values
- To connect and scale the analog inputs with sensors, please refer to this link: http://denkovi.com/connecting-analog-sensors-to-DAEnetIP3-ethernet-12-relay-module
Access via DAEnetIP3 Manager
A free utlity for all DAEnetIP3 based modules for controling, configuration, monitoring and log all the DAEnetIP3 parameters.
Download and documentation - here
Access via DAEnetIP3 Command Line Tool
Windows/Linux/osX command line tool create especially for DAEnetIP3. It allows easy integration of the DAEnetIP3 into third parity software, control from command promt, control from bat files, from bash scripts, from shortcut and others. For more info and download here: http://www.denkovi.com/daenetip3-command-line-tool
Access via Web browser
The page below the text shows the page for the analog inputs. Their states are automaticaly refreshed each 2-3 seconds. The user doesn't have to click refresh button each time but just tracks the I/O changing values almost in real time (Ajax).
Access via HTTP API commands
Bellow are shown example commands. Please note that there is HTTP API password (by default it is admin) to prevent unauthorized access.
send: http://your.ip.address/command.html?P=admin&ASG=?& (get the whole PortA status of DAEnetIP3)
receive: <!DOCTYPE html><html><body>ASG=0F0F;</body></html>
send:http://your.ip.address/command.html?P=admin&ASG=?&BVG=?&CV0=?& (send several commands at a time)
receive: <!DOCTYPE html><html><body>ASG=FFFF;BVG=0F;CV0=12;</body></html>
Access via Telnet
DAEnetIP3 can be easily accessed via Telnet. Simple password protection mechanizm is provided. Note that Telnet is not secure protocol, so it is recommend using only in secure networks.
On the figure right to the text is shown how DAEnetIP3 controller with IP address 192.168.1.50 is accessed via Telnet with Windows XP.
- Open command line and type: telnet "Controller IP"
- Use the passowrd, in our case this is admin. After correct login the controller responds with welcome message.
- The first command is ASG=0000; - it sets all 16 DO in low level.
- CV0=?; gets the ADC channel 0 value. Its 415; It may be from 0 up to 1023.
- BVG=?; gets the eight digital inputs levels. Its 00, which means all inputs are in low level
- ASG=FFFF; Sets all the 16 DO in high level.
Ofcourse these commands are only small part. The full list may be found in the documentation.
Access via serial line (UART or RS485)
Each DAEnetIP3 controller may be accessed via UART serial communication. The protocol is given in the documentation. This is provided in case you need RS485 network for example accessed only with one IP address. Each controller has serial address, that is given in each packet sent to the server bridge from user software. The figure below to the text shows how 3 DAEnetIP3 controllers are connected in serial network using UART <-> RS485 convertors (not included in the auction). The serial network may be accessed over LAN, WLAN or WAN with user TCP/IP socket based software.
Access via TCP/IP socket
DAEnetIP3 controller has possibility for access via TCP/IP socket. The user may connect with custom software to port that is defined for socket based TCP/IP communication.
The protocol is not based on some standart, but it is developed especially for the DAEnetIP3 controller. The full description of the protocol may be found in the user manual.
The reason for creating such communiation way is that TCP/IP sockets are widely used in all programing languages.In this way you may create software for DAEnetIP3 without learning difficult and heavy protocols.
The controller supports RC4 encryption/decription for the TCP/IP socket comunication. This is security measure that gives you basic protection.
Another security option is IP address protection, that allows only one IP to access the DAEnetIP3 via Web, Socket and Telnet.
- DAE-iModules - App for iOS mobile devices, support link here
- DAE-aModules - App for Android mobile devices, support link here
- DAEnetIP3 Manager - here
- DRM Software - software for controlling relays - here
- DAEnetIP3 Command Line Tool - here
- Majordomotic - Cloud home automation software by the company EdelBit. It supports all our ethernet relays and ip controllers. Additional android software is available as well. Here we have tried to explain how to work with it together with our hardware - http://denkovi.com/majordomotic-with-denkovi-ethernet-relays
- MyDomoticaHd - Android software by www.phsoftware.altervista.org. Additional explanation how to use the software with our ethernet relays and ip controllers - here: http://denkovi.com/mydomoticahd-with-denkovi-ethernet-relays
- Android application for mobile devices by iSwitch LLC, Android market link - here, developer's page - here . Please note if your DAEnetIP3 controller is with firmware version 1.0.0, then RC4 option must be turned off.
Please note that TFTP firmware upgrade is not anymore supported. From our experience we don't recommend to use it because it is unsafe and can damage your DAEnetIP3 controller.
|6 Oct 2013||
|New features and bug-fixing list: here.The controller will be shipped with this version.|
|Sep 2011||1.0.0||The initial release (documentation for 1.0.0 version)|
- LabVIEW 2011 - Example how to set/get the DAEnetIP3 I/O status via HTTP GET requests. The code is not public, but a download link will be sent to your email after purchase.
- VB.NET Express 2010 (screenshot) - Example how to access DAEnetIP3 via Virtual Com Port (VCP). There is tutorial how to do this - here. The executable file is here.
- VB.NET Express 2010 - Examples how to access DAEnetIP3 via sockets.
- C#.NET Express 2010 - Example how to access DAEnetIP3 via HTTP GET commands.
- Visual Basic 6 (screenshot) - Example how to acess the I/O lines (does not include RC4) - download.
- Borlnad C++ Builder 6 (screenshot) - Example how to acess the I/O lines (does not include RC4) - download.
- Java (using TCP/IP sockets) - Example how to acess the I/O lines (does not include RC4) - download.
- Java (using HTTP/API) - Example how to acess the I/O lines (does not include RC4) - download.