smartDEN IP-Maxi-MT - Modbus TCP I/O Relay Module with DIN RAIL BOX
smartDEN IP-Maxi-MT is an Ethernet module (IP controller) that can be used in a wide range of remote sensors monitoring, home automation control, environmental monitoring and data-acquisition applications. Thank to its multi-channel design (8 digital inputs, 4 analog inputs, 4 temperature inputs, 8 SPDT relays and 2 analog outputs) this device can perform simultaneously a variety of measurement and control functions. The web interface allows users to configure the smartDEN IP-Maxi-MT, as well as to monitor/control input/output channels. Supported by DRMv3 Software. smartDEN IP-Maxi-MT provides both Modbus-TCP and XML/JSON interface for integration with third-party developed applications. Works with Home Assistant, Domoticz and OpenHAB home automation systems as well as with Node-RED IoT platform.
- Brand: Denkovi Assembly Electronics ltd.
- Weight: 0.505 Kgs
- Fully compatible with 10/100/1000 Base-T networks, Auto-MDIX;
- Protocols: TCP/IP, HTTP, DHCP, DNS, SNTP, Modbus-TCP, ICMP (ping);
- 8 digital inputs with On/Off LED (input voltage range: 0-12V DC / 0-24V DC);
- 8 counters (32 bit) attached to digital inputs;
- 4 analog inputs (input voltage range: 0-10V DC);
- 4 temperature inputs for sensors NTC thermistors type B57500M;
- Linearization (scaling) for the analog inputs;
- Programmable temperature units: Celsius/Fahrenheit;
- Configurable filters for the digital/analog inputs;
- 8 SPDT relays (with NO and NC contacts), the type depends on the stocks quantity in our store:
- 2 analog outputs: 0-10V DC (10 bit resolution);
- Single pulse feature for the relay outputs;
- Integrated web server with secure login authorization;
- Configuration of system parameters;
- Outputs control, access current measurements;
- Access protection (by IP and MAC address);
- HTTP server:
- Read (GET) current input/output values in XML/JSON format;
- Set outputs along with GET request parameters;
- Encrypted login can be used to access XML/JSON values;
- Modbus-TCP protocol;
- Single digital input can be configured to control several relays;
- Single or differential analog input can be configured to control several relays;
- Week schedule table for switching relays ON/OFF at specific time without computer (up to 30 events);
- Real time clock (can sync up with network time servers);
- Supply voltage: 12V DC or 24V DC (selectable during purchase);
- Additional source voltage 12V DC or 24V DC provided to power input sensors;
- Power supply protection against reverse polarity;
Physical and Environment:
- Working temperature range: 0 to 70°C;
- DIN rail standard housing;
- Supported by DRMv3 Software (Windows, Linux, Raspbian);
- Supported by DRM Software and DAE-aModules App for Android;
- Software examples for PHP, JAVA, VB.NET, C#.NET and many others - here;
- Supported by Home Assistant home automation software;
- Supported by openHAB home automation software;
- Supported by Domoticz home automation software;
- Supported by Node-RED IoT platform;
- Other third party software - here;
- Documentation - here
- 1 x smartDEN IP-Maxi-MT module (12V or 24V version, depending on selected choice during ordering)
- 1 x temperature NTC sensor B57500M
Please note the product does not come with power supply adapter that you may need. We offer suitable 12V or 24V adapters http://denkovi.com/power-supply-adapters
smartDEN IP-Maxi-MT is shipped with one NTC thermistor (temperature) sensor B57500M Epoxy Resin (up to 4 such sensors are supported by singe module). However additional sensors can be ordered from our store from these links:
The module has 4 analog inputs 0-10V which can be used also with every analog output sensor within this voltage range. You can check our other sensors as well for the analog inputs: LM35DZ (temperature), LM335Z (temperature), HIH-4000 (humidity), TSL250R (light), GP2Y0A21YK (proximity), Voltage Transducer 0-300V AC In, 0-10V DC Out, Current Transducer 0-50A AC In, 0-10V DC Out
Example 1. Controlling electrical appliances remotely
Example 2. Monitoring sensors online
Example 3. Controlling electrical devices depending on sensors values automatiacally (PC used only for configuration)
Example 4. Web based thermo-regulator
Example 5. smartDEN IP-Maxi-XX (including smartDEN IP-Maxi-MT) has the unique capability to act like "differential" thermoregulator (control relay depending on two analog inputs values difference)
Example 6. smartDEN IP-Maxi-MT used in application for counting customers in shops
Example 7. smartDEN IP-Maxi-MT analog outputs can be used for diming led lights (not directly, but using led driver 0/1 - 10V)
Control smartDEN IP-Maxi-MТ from Home Automation systems
OpenHAB is a third party open source free home automation software which can run on servers based on Linux, macOS, Windows, Raspberry Pi, PINE64, Docker, Synology...
Domoticz is a free open source popular home automation software which can run on Windows, Linux, MAC, Rasberry PI and others. It is a home automation system design to control various devices and receive input from various sensors. Access it with apps for the web, iOS, Android and others.
More information about how to connect and use it with our hardware - http://denkovi.com/domoticz-with-denkovi-modules or contact with us.
For Hardware configuration, please use: Type = Denkovi Modules with LAN (HTTP) Interface, Model = SmartDEN IP-Maxi or smartDEN IP-Maxi-XX
Access smartDEN IP-Maxi-MТ from Node-RED
Node-RED is a flow-based programming platform for the Internet of Things. We prepared small example for communication between Node-RED and our device. More info about Node-RED and denkovi modules: here
Access smartDEN IP-Maxi-MT from mobile devices
Android App DAE-aModules
Access via software DRMv3
This device is supported by DRMv3 Software.
The device can be found in the device list under the default name: smartDEN IP-Maxi-MT (for Modbus TCP protocol) or smartDEN IP-Maxi-XX (for HTTP/XML protocol)
The device can be controlled by smartDEN IP-32IN Input Module over the network
This is the so called BOX-TO-BOX mode. An input from smartDEN IP-32IN Input module can control over the network (ethernet/internet) relay from current module. Meantime it is also possible to control the relays and inputs from mobile devices, web browser... Please check out our application note DAE-AN016 for more information.
Access smartDEN IP-Maxi-MT via Modbus-TCP
smartDEN IP-Maxi-MT can be access and configured via Modbus-TCP protocol. Below is shown example screenshot of Modbus Poll utility.
Access smartDEN IP-Maxi-MT from browser
Control smartDEN IP-Maxi-MT via HTTP GET Request and receive the reply in XML or JSON format
For software integrators - as usually, the module supports HTTP GET requests with JSON/XML reply.
smartDEN IP-Maxi-MT HTTP GET request concept
Sample JSON GET request:
Sample XML GET request:
Please refer to the documentation for more information what is the command format and what parameters are supported.
XML and JSON GET request / reply
|Release Date||Current Version||Update Utility||Version History||Note|
|Denkovi Finder||Version History||Instructions how to update - will be sent by request only|
- Denkovi Finder - utility for discovery DAEnetIP4 and smartDEN devices in local network - here
- DRMv3 Software - software for monitoring, control and configuration - here
- DAE-aModules - App for Android mobile devices, support link here
- Home Assistant - This device is supported by Home Assistant. For more information - please follow this article.
- openHAB - This device is supported by the powerful home automation system openHAB. Please take a look at our application note for more information. You can also download the configuration files for openHAB (ver 2.2.0) for communication via HTTP GET and ModBus-TCP requests.
- Domoticz - This device is supported by the powerful home automation system Domoticz. Please take a look at our application note for more information - http://denkovi.com/domoticz-with-denkovi-modules
- Packet Sender is 100% free tool for sending TCP/IP or UDP messages (If you find the app useful, please consider donating)
- Windows Software - qModMaster, Simply Modbus TCP Client, Modbus Poll, RMMS, ModbusViewTCP, MACH 3
- Android Apps - Modbus Monitor, iPlc, TCP Socket Test, HMI Modbus TCP, Bluetooth Free
- iOS Apps - TCP Modbus, Modbus Peek & Poke
- Node-RED IoT platform - example communication flows for HTTP and ModBus-TCP. More about Denkovi modules and Node-RED: here
- Java - Netbeans example project how to set/get the smartDEN IP-MAXI-MT I/O status using HTTP GET requests in Java.
- VB.NET - Example how to set/get the smartDEN IP-MAXI-MT I/O status using HTTP GET requests in VB.NET
- C++.NET - Example how to set/get the smartDEN IP-MAXI-MT I/O status using HTTP GET requests in C++.NET
- PHP Demo - Example how to set and read the status of the relays via HTTP/API in PHP
- Delphi Lazarus - Example how to set/get the smartDEN IP-MAXI-MT I/O status using HTTP GET requests in Delhpi (Lazarus)
- Visual Basic 6 (HTTP GET Requests) - example how to communicate with the module using HTTP get requests
- Node.js (HTTP GET Requests) - example how to communicate with the module using HTTP get requests in Node.js
- Python - Example how to set/get the device I/O status using HTTP GET requests