smartDEN IP-PLC - Ethernet I/O Relay Programmable Logic Controller
smartDEN IP-PLC is an Ethernet module (IP PLC controller) which can be used in a wide range of automation, remote monitoring, control, measurement and data-acquisition applications. Thank to its multi-channel design (8 digital inputs, 4 analog inputs, 4 temperature inputs, 8 SPDT relays and 2 analog outputs) this device can perform simultaneously a variety of measurement, control and automation functions. The built-in web interface allows users to configure the smartDEN IP-PLC, as well as to monitor/control input/output channels manually. smartDEN IP-PLC provides XML/JSON interface for integration with third-party developed applications. Supported by DRMv3.
In addition, smartDEN IP-PLC module can execute a custom program, written in a simple high-level language called DAEL. The program is composed directly from web browser and then checked and uploaded to the module. When started, the custom program is executed in parallel with the other functions and does not restrict any of them. Thus, the smartDEN IP-PLC module can work in standalone mode without need to be controlled by the network and solve more complex tasks like traffic lights control, PID controller, smart aquarium control, garage/barrier control, car park count and more.
- Brand: Denkovi Assembly Electronics ltd.
- Weight: 0.505 Kgs
- Fully compatible with 10/100/1000 Base-T networks, Auto-MDIX;
- Protocols: TCP/IP, HTTP, DHCP, DNS, SNTP, ICMP (ping);
- 8 digital inputs with On/Off LED (input voltage range: 0-12V DC / 0-24V DC);
- 8 counters (32 bit) attached to digital inputs;
- 4 analog inputs (input voltage range: 0-10V DC);
- 4 temperature inputs for sensors NTC thermistors type B57500M;
- Linearization (scaling) for the analog inputs;
- Programmable temperature units: Celsius/Fahrenheit;
- Configurable filters for the digital/analog inputs;
- 8 SPDT relays (with NO and NC contacts);
- 2 analog outputs: 0-10V DC (10 bit resolution);
- Single pulse feature for the relay outputs;
- Configuration of system parameters;
- Outputs control, access current measurements;
- Secure login authorization;
- Access protection (by IP and MAC address);
- HTTP server:
- Read (GET) current input/output values in XML/JSON format;
- Set outputs along with GET request parameters;
- Encrypted login can be used to access XML/JSON values;
- PLC - user can program the I/O of the module to work in custom way using DAEL language;
- Single digital input can be configured to control several relays;
- Single or differential analog input can be configured to control several relays;
- Week schedule table for start/stop the DAEL program at specific time without computer (up to 30 events);
- Real time clock (can sync up with network time servers);
- Supply voltage: 12V DC or 24V DC (selectable during purchase);
- Additional source voltage 12V DC or 24V DC provided to power input sensors;
- Power supply protection against reverse polarity;
Physical and Environment:
- Working temperature range: 0 to 70°C;
- DIN rail standard housing;
- Supported by DRMv3 Software - New;
- Supported by DAE-aModules App for Android;
- Software examples for PHP, JAVA, VB.NET, C#.NET, NI LabView and many others - here;
- Supported by Home Assistant home automation software - New;
- Supported by openHAB home automation software;
- Supported by Node-RED IoT platform;
- Supported by Domoticz home automation software;
- Other third party software - here;
- Documentation - here
- Custom programing of the module by the user via DAEL language;
- Standalone work (without computer);
- Easy programing / re-programing;
- 1 x smartDEN IP-PLC module (12V or 24V version, depending on selected choice during ordering)
- 1 x temperature NTC sensor B57500M
Please note the product does not come with power supply adapter that you may need. We offer suitable 12V or 24V adapters http://denkovi.com/power-supply-adapters
Basic application examples:
- Electrical appliances remote control applications
- Monitoring and logging applications
- Standalone applications with sensors and electrical devices
- Events counter
- Web based thermo-regulator
- Home automation
- Irrigation systems
Controlling electrical appliances remotely
Monitoring sensors online
Controlling electrical devices depending on sensors values automatiacally (PC used only for configuration)
Web based thermo-regulator
smartDEN IP-PLC used in application for counting customers in shops
smartDEN IP-PLC has the unique capability to act like "differential" thermoregulator (control relay depending on two analog inputs values difference)
smartDEN IP-PLC analog outputs can be used for diming led lights (not directly, but using led driver 0/1 - 10V)
Advanced application examples using programming via DAEL:
- Custom pulse generators
- Triangular wave generators
- Advanced week/month scheduler
- Advanced thermostats
- Car park counting systems
- Aquarium control systems
- Barrier control
- Garage door control
- Automation of production lines
- Advanced lighting dimming scenes
- Traffic light applications
- Photovoltaic charge systems
- PID process controller
- Many more...
Car park counting
Garage door control
Traffic Lights control
Aquarium smart applications
smartDEN IP-PLC overview
DAEL script language
DAEL (Denkovi Assembly Electronics Langiage) is very simple language used especially for smartDEN IP-PLC programming. It is C like language and provides addition, substraction, multiplication and division. There are several variables predefined, comments and up to 10 000 symbols free program space which is more that enough for complex tasks.
Additionally the predefined variables can be accessed from HTTP GET requests which allows third-party applications to start/stop and control the custom DAEL program.
The DAEL lanuguage itself and some source code examples are detailed explained in the documentation.
// Example script for pulsing
// This example generates 10 pulses on Relay 1
REL1 = 0; // Initial Relay state - OFF
VAR_I1 = 0; // Initialization of the loop variable
while (VAR_I1 < 20) // Check the end condition
REL1 = 2; // Toggle the Relay state
delay(10); // Delay of 1 sec
VAR_I1 = VAR_I1 + 1; // Increment the loop variable
Access smartDEN IP-PLC from browser
The device has bult-in web server so you can access its resources from any modern web browser. The custom program edit/upload/debug is also done from the web server.
Access via software DRMv3
This device is supported by DRMv3 Software.
The device can be found in the device list under the default name: smartDEN IP-PLC
Access smartDEN IP-PLC from mobile devices
Android App DAE-aModules
Some useful information:
- Select device smartDEN IP-PLC. Enter the IP address (URL), HTTP Port and web server main password for the device;
Control smartDEN IP-PLC I/O and program via JSON/XML/HTTP GET requests
It is possible to access not only the I/O lines via HTTP GET requests (current_state.xml / program.json) but also the DAEL custom program state and variables (/progra.xml / program.json). This is very suitable in cases where the program must be controlled from third party application / service. The returned reply is in XML or JSON format.
|Release Date||Current Version||Update Utility||Version History||Note|
|07 Aug 2018||
|Denkovi Finder||Version History||Instructions how to update - will be sent by request only|
- DRMv3 Software - software for monitoring, control and configuration - here
- DAE-aModules - App for Android mobile devices, support link here
- Denkovi Finder - utility for discovery DAEnetIP4 and smartDEN devices in local network - here
- Home Assistant - This device is supported by Home Assistant. For more information - please follow this article.
- openHAB - This device is supported by the powerful home automation system openHAB. Please take a look at our application note for more information. You can also download the configuration files for openHAB (ver 2.2.0) for communication via HTTP GET requests.
- Domoticz - This device is supported by the powerful home automation system Domoticz. Please take a look at our application note for more information - http://denkovi.com/domoticz-with-denkovi-modules
- Node-RED IoT platform - example communication flow in HTTP. More about Denkovi modules and Node-RED: here.
- Java - Example how to set/get the smartDEN IP-PLC I/O status using HTTP GET requests in Java.
- VB.NET - Example how to set/get the smartDEN IP-PLC I/O status using HTTP GET requests in VB.NET
- C#.NET - Example how to set/get the smartDEN IP-PLC I/O status using HTTP GET requests in C#.NET
- VC++.NET - Example how to set/get the smartDEN IP-PLC I/O status using HTTP GET requests in VC++.NET
- PHP Demo - Example how to set/get the smartDEN IP-PLC I/O status using HTTP GET requests in PHP
- Delphi Lazarus - Example how to set/get the smartDEN IP-PLC I/O status using HTTP GET requests in Delhpi (Lazarus)
- Visual Basic 6 - Example how to set/get the smartDEN IP-PLC I/O status using HTTP GET requests in VB6
- Node.js - Example how to set/get the smartDEN IP-PLC I/O status using HTTP GET requests in node.js
- Python - Example how to set/get the device I/O status using HTTP GET requests
- Problem: There is an access to the device via PING and Denkovi Finder "see" it, however it is not possible to open it's web server via any browser (the HTTP port is correct as well).
- Solution: Some antivirus software (like Avast for example) may block the HTTP traffic to the device. Be sure this type of communication is enabled by your antivirus/firewall software.