Wireless controller - Web, 32 I/O, HTTP API, SMTP - DAEnetIP3-WT
DAEnetIP3-Wx is Wi-Fi module for remote monitoring and control in Ethernet based networks. It includes 16 digital outputs, 8 analog inputs, 8 digital inputs and one UART port. It can be configurated via Web browser, TCP/IP, Virtual Serial Port, HTTP requests, Telnet and serial commands. It can send emails based on inputs events, and can control another DAEnetIP3 controller over the ethernet network (box-to-box mode). Now with FREE iOS App!
- Brand:Denkovi Assembly Electronics ltd.
- Weight: 0.150 Kgs
- 10/100 Mbit Ethernet interface with Link Led. Auto MDIX
- Wireless Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g interface supporting WEP64, WEP128, WPA/TKIP - Personal and WPA2/AES - Personal (Hot-spot is not supported)
- UART interface for RS232/RS485 serial connection with other such controllers. UART can be used also for configuration of the parameters
- Power supply: 12VDC / 170mA
- 1 x 16 digital outputs. Levels: 0 – 3.3V
- 1 x 8 digital inputs. Levels: 0 – 3.3V
- 1 x 8 analog inputs. Referent voltage: 2.5 V, resolution: 10 bits
- On boot the outputs are set with states before reset
- Built in RTC (Real Time Clock). It can be synchronized via NTP manually or automatically each 6 hours
- Capacitor power backup keeps time for days during power failure
- Virtual Serial Port - it may be accessed with Serial RS232 commands over TCP/IP network
- Integrated WEB server with password and features like Ajax parameters reading
- Configuration utility software DAEnetIP3 Manager available - here
- Telnet commands
- HTTP API commands
- TCP/IP ASCII protocol with optional RC4 encryption
- All the network ports can be defined by the user
- Supports ICMP (ping)
- 19 modes for I/O lines such as inverting, timer, pulses, setting output via input and switch ON/OFF according particular time (scheduling)
- Any input may be referred to control any output of this or another controller in the TCP/IP network
- Linearization for the analog inputs
- Box-to-Box (distributed) mode
- SMTP with authentication (SSL is not supported)
- E-mail notifications for various events
- IP address protection
- Size: 108mm x 45mm x 24mm
- Working temperature range: -20 to +70 °C;
- Software by Denkovi - DRM Software (Windows/Linux), DAEnetIP3 Configuration utility, Command Line Tool, DAE-iModules App for iOS - New;
- 3rd parity software: Android software (by iSwitch LLC, not free but inexpensive)
- Software examples in VB6 and BCB6 (or others by request)
- Documentation: DAEnetIP3 user's manual
It is possible functions by customer's request to be created (for example web pages modification) or put your Logo and company name (OEM).
When purchase this controller, you will receive:
- 1 x DAEnetIP3-WT controller (the wireless version). User manual - here
- 3 x plastic spacers (legs for DAEnetIP3)
Distributed systems (Box-to-Box, M2M)
Please pay attention that:
The middle pin of the power jack is +12VDC
There is not protection against reverse voltage.
We recommend to use power supply adaptor that outputs 12 VDC stabilized.
Inproper power supply voltage will damage the device!
We recommend to use this 12VDC Power Supply Adaptor (SYS1357-2412) that may be found also in our store. Please contact with us if you have questions. We sell the adaptor with one of the AC plugs for: USA, UK, EU, AUS. It is sold separately !
Access via Virtual Serial Port
DAEnetIP3 and all devices that are based on it may be accessed/controlled via Virtual Serial Port. In other words the the device in this auction may be accessed via COM Port RS232 commands from your computer because it will apear as COM Port:
- DAEnetIP3-Ex appears as VSP (COM Port) on your PC
- It may be accessed with any Serial Terminal (for exaple HyperTerminal)
- The only thing the user has to do is to send and receive commands via the COM Port. All the TCP/IP commnucation is done by the driver.
- There is not matter if your DAEnetIP3 device is connected to your PC over LAN cable or Wireless Wi-Fi network, it will appear as VSP (COM Port) on your PC. You need to set only the proper IP, Port and COM Port Name.
Example commands and responses that are sent/received via the DAEnetIP3 VSP (COM Port). The serial address of DAEnetIP3 is 00.
- Get Digital Input 1 level (Din1), counting in the commands is zero based:
- Send: 00BV0=?;
- Receive: 00BV0=0; //The level is low
- Get Analog Input 1 level (Ain1), counting in the commands is zero based:
- Send: 00CV0=?;
- Receive: 00CV0=512;
- Set Digital Output 12 (Do12) in High level, counting in the commands is zero based:
- Send: 00ASB=1;
- Receive: 00ASB=1;
- Get the Ethernet IP address of the module:
- Send: 00MIP=?;
- Receive: 00MIP=192.168.0.100;
All the commands are described in the DAEnetIP3 user's manual
Access via Web
The page below the text shows the page for the analog inputs. Their states are automaticaly refreshed each 2-3 seconds. The user doesn't have to click refresh button each time but just tracks the I/O changing values almost in real time (Ajax).
Access via DAE-iModules from iOS
We, from Denkovi A E LTD, developed absolutley free iOS App DAE-iModules which allows you to access the I/O lines of the current device and will turn your mobile smartphone in powerful automation tool. Support link: here.
The video bellow shows how you can control DAEnetIP3 based device - Wi-Fi 12 Relay Module. Any other Denkovi Ethernet Device from this list can be acessed with same success from your iOS device via DAE-iModules
Some useful information about DAE-iModules and DAEnetIP3:
- Select device DAEnetIP3. Enter the IP, HTTP Port and web password for the device
- Tab "Other" contains the analog input values for the hardware linearization (by DAEnetIP3) while tab "Analog Inputs" shows their original values
- To connect and scale the analog inputs with sensors, please refer to this link: http://denkovi.com/connecting-analog-sensors-to-daenetip3
Access via DAEnetIP3 Manager
A free utlity for all DAEnetIP3 based modules for controling, configuration, monitoring and log all the DAEnetIP3 parameters.
Download and documentation - here
Access via DAEnetIP3 Command Line Tool
Windows/Linux/osX command line tool create especially for DAEnetIP3. It allows easy integration of the DAEnetIP3 into third parity software, control from command promt, control from bat files, from bash scripts, from shortcut and others. For more info and download here: http://www.denkovi.com/daenetip3-command-line-tool
Access via HTTP API commands
Bellow are shown example commands. Please note that there is HTTP API password (by default it is admin) to prevent unauthorized access.
send: http://your.ip.address/command.html?P=admin&ASG=?& (get the whole PortA status of DAEnetIP3)
receive: <!DOCTYPE html><html><body>ASG=0F0F;</body></html>
send:http://your.ip.address/command.html?P=admin&ASG=?&BVG=?&CV0=?& (send several commands at a time)
receive: <!DOCTYPE html><html><body>ASG=FFFF;BVG=0F;CV0=12;</body></html>
Access via Telnet
DAEnetIP3 can be easily accessed via Telnet. Simple password protection mechanizm is provided. Note that Telnet is not secure protocol, so it is recommend using only in secure networks.
On the figure right to the text is shown how DAEnetIP3 controller with IP address 192.168.1.50 is accessed via Telnet with Windows XP.
- Open command line and type: telnet "Controller IP"
- Use the passowrd, in our case this is admin. After correct login the controller responds with welcome message.
- The first command is ASG=0000; - it sets all 16 DO in low level.
- CV0=?; gets the ADC channel 0 value. Its 415; It may be from 0 up to 1023.
- BVG=?; gets the eight digital inputs levels. Its 00, which means all inputs are in low level
- ASG=FFFF; Sets all the 16 DO in high level.
Ofcourse these commands are only small part. The full list may be found in the documentation.
Access via Serial Line (UART or RS485)
Each DAEnetIP3 controller may be accessed via UART serial communication. The protocol is given in the documentation. This is provided in case you need RS485 network for example accessed only with one IP address. Each controller has serial address, that is given in each packet sent to the server bridge from user software. The figure below to the text shows how 3 DAEnetIP3 controllers are connected in serial network using UART <-> RS485 convertors (not included in the auction). The serial network may be accessed over LAN, WLAN or WAN with user TCP/IP socket based software.
Access via TCP/IP socket
DAEnetIP3 controller has possibility for access via TCP/IP socket. The user may connect with custom software to port that is defined for socket based TCP/IP communication.
The protocol is not based on some standart, but it is developed especially for the DAEnetIP3 controller. The full description of the protocol may be found in the user manual.
The reason for creating such communiation way is that TCP/IP sockets are widely used in all programing languages.In this way you may create software for DAEnetIP3 without learning difficult and heavy protocols.
The controller supports RC4 encryption/decription for the TCP/IP socket comunication. This is security measure that gives you basic protection.
Another security option is IP address protection, that allows only one IP to access the DAEnetIP3 via Web, Socket and Telnet.
Access from Android application
You can download the application by iSwitch, LLC from here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=iSwitchLLC.DAE.DAEnetIP3&hl=en (Please note if your DAEnetIP3 controller is with firmware version 1.0.0, then RC4 option must be turned off)
Here it is shwon video how to set-up the android application with DAEnetIP3.
- General links
- Denkovi Software
- Third parity software
Please note that TFTP firmware upgrade is not anymore supported. From our experience we don't recommend to use it because it is unsafe and can damage your DAEnetIP3 controller.
|6 Oct 2013||
|New features and bug-fixing list: here. The controller will be shipped with this version.|
|Sep 2011||1.0.0||The initial release (documentation for 1.0.0 version)|
- VB .NET Express 2010 (screenshot) - Example how to access DAEnetIP3 via Virtual Com Port (VCP). There is tutorial how to do this - here. The executable file is here.
- C# .NET Express 2010 - Example how to access DAEnetIP3 via HTTP GET commands.
- Visual Basic 6 (screenshot) - Example how to acess the I/O lines (does not include RC4) - download.
- Borlnad C++ Builder 6 (screenshot) - Example how to acess the I/O lines (does not include RC4) - download.
- Java (using TCP/IP sockets) - Example how to acess the I/O lines (does not include RC4) - download.
- Java (using HTTP/API) - Example how to acess the I/O lines (does not include RC4) - download.