DAEnetIP2 v2 - SNMP Ethernet controller with 24 digital/analog I/O
An improved version of the popular DAEnetIP2 standalone SNMP and Web based internet/ethernet module (IP controller). DAEnetIP2 v2 is suitable for home automation, IoT, data acquisition, relays controlling, sensors monitoring, fire alarm systems and so on. It has 24 digital/analog I/O. Works with Domoticz and OpenHAB home automation systems as well as with Node-RED IoT platform. It is possible to be controlled by: configuration software, command line, Android/iOS app, web browser, HTTP API commands. There is an SDK provided (software examples).
- Brand: Denkovi Assembly Electronics ltd.
- Weight: 0.086 Kgs
DAEnetIP2 v2 Features
- 10/100 Mb Ethernet interface with Link/Activity Led
- Power supply: 7.5 - 25VDC;
- Low power consuption (<50mA/12V);
- 8 analog inputs with 10 bit resolution (0-3.3VDC);
- 16 (2x8) bit configurable digital I/O port (0-3.3VDC);
- Standart protocols: ARP, IP, ICMP (ping), DHCP;
- Supports snmp v1 (snmpset, snmpget, snmptrap), HTTP (web server with autorization);
- Ports for SNMP (161) and HTTP (80) can be changed;
- Two MAC addresses protection;
- It can be configured with SNMP requests or web browser;
- Integrated WEB server for all functions/parameters access. I/O lines labels can be changed via browser;
- HTTP API commands for getting/setting the I/O states (with basic access authentication);
- Reset of the digital outputs on incoming/outgoing ping timeout (watchdog function);
- Function "load outputs states from EEPROM on boot";
- Each I/O line can be named by user via web browser;
- It can send traps according analog ADC level;
- Analog Inputs may be referred to control digital outputs according their levels;
- Possibility of connection analog sensors (temperature, humidity, light, distance) to the analog inputs;
- PCB size: 43mm x 55mm;
- Working temperature range: 0ºC to 70ºC;
- Software by Denkovi - DRM Software (Windows/Linux), DAE-iModules App for iOS, DAE-aModules App for Android ;
- Third party software - more info here;
- Supported by openHAB home automation software;
- Supported by Domoticz home automation software;
- Supported by Node-RED IoT platform ;
- Software examples for PHP, JAVA, .NET and NI LabView - here;
- User manual: here
DAEnetIP2 v2 application examples
- Security and fire alarm systems
- Manual or automatic device restart if event occur
- Management/monitoring for industrial
- Sensor information processing
- Remote Lock/unlock doors
- Home automation
- Remote controlling electrical devices via relay boards over the network (please look at our store, we sell also sets: DAEnetIP2 v2 + relay board)
DAEnetIP2 v2 - control electrical device remotely
DAEnetIP2 v2 - sensors monitoring
DAEnetIP2 v2 - watchdog function (automatic device restart if event (timeout) occur). For example routers, switches or servers can be restarted if no ping is detected during the timeout.
DAEnetIP2 v2 I/O Ports
|"Free" - the pin is free and defined for the user.||"I/O" – digital input or output depending the settings||"Ain"– analog input|
For inputs, if the input voltage exceed 3.3V, the controller may be damaged. If you have questions how to use the I/O ports please contact with us or take a look into the manual.
First, you will have to find suitable power supply adaptor (we sell power such adaptors, please look at our store). The minimal supply voltage is 7.5 VDC. The maximal voltage is 25 VDC. It is recommended the supply voltage to be 12 or 24 VDC. The power consumption is about 0.55 W.
The controller doesn't have any protection against inverted supply voltage. The middle pin of the power terminal is + Vcc - center positive tip polarity.
Here are the steps (instructions) how to power on and connect the device directly to your computer (see this image). For router LAN connection (see this image) or Internet connection, please see in the user manual:
Connect the DAEnetIP2 v2 device with your computer via UTP crossover cable. (note that the device does not support AUTO MDIX - see here)
Supply with voltage in the allowed range. For example - 12VDC stabilized filtered power source.
Your initial computer IP should be in the device network. So it is recommend to be 192.168.1.1. Change it.
Open web browser and type 192.168.1.100 – default username/password are “admin”/”admin”
Now you can access all the parameters via your web browser
How to connect sensors to DAEnetIP2 v2
More information how to connect different types of sensors to the DAEnetIP2 v2 Analog Port - http://denkovi.com/connecting-analog-sensors-to-daenetip2v2
The controller has default settings, in case the access is lost. There are several steps for loading the default settings:
Access from OpenHAB
OpenHAB is a third party open source free home automation software. Run your server on Linux, macOS, Windows, Raspberry Pi, PINE64, Docker, Synology... Access it with apps for the web, iOS, Android and others. Use a powerful and flexible engine to design rules, with time and event-based triggers, scripts, actions, notifications and voice control.
Access from Domoticz
Domoticz is a free open source popular home automation software which can run on Windows, Linux, MAC, Rasberry PI and others. It is a home automation system design to control various devices and receive input from various sensors. Access it with apps for the web, iOS, Android and others.
More information about how to connect and use it with our hardware - http://denkovi.com/domoticz-with-denkovi-modules or contact with us.
Access from Node-RED
Node-RED is a flow-based programming platform for the Internet of Things (IoT). We prepared small example for communication between Node-RED and our device. More info about Node-RED and denkovi modules: here
Access DAEnetIP2 v2 from mobile devices
iOS App DAE-iModules
Android App DAE-aModules
The video bellow shows how you can control DAEnetIP2 based device - SNMP 8 Relay Board LM35DZ. Any other Denkovi Ethernet Device from this list can be acessed with same success from your iOS device via DAE-iModules.
Some useful information about DAE-aModules/DAE-iModules and DAEnetIP2 v2:
- Select device DAEnetIP2v2. You must be sure the IP, UDP Port and SNMP community are correct, otherwise it won't enter into the device
- To connect and scale the analog inputs with sensors, please refer to this link: http://denkovi.com/connecting-analog-sensors-to-daenetip2v2
Control via web browser
I/O Ports control/monitor
Traps/P5 control. DAEnetIP2 v2 can send traps if some analog input changes its level bellow/above some threshold (Low/High).
The same logic can be used for setting one of the digital outputs port - JP5 according analog input port JP6.
HTTP API Commands
DAEnetIP2 v2 i/o lines can be controlled/accessed via HTTP API commands and basic access authentication is required to do that.
The digital outputs (P3 and P5) can be controlled by sending this HTTP command:
var IO=new Array (0xFF, 0xFF, 0x80, 0x00AB, 0x0049, 0x0118, 0x014A, 0x012F, 0x003E, 0x0029, 0x01DD)
Control DAEnetIP2 v2 via command line
Net-snmp is free command line utility for windows which allows you to execute snmp commands from command line, BAT files, BASH scripts or any other sofwtare that can execute external .exe file or commands from command line. The instructions file how to install net-snmp and example commands can be downloaded from here.
For developers - we can provide examples and support for the following platforms:
VB.NET Express example
- DAE-iModules - App for iOS mobile devices, support link here
- DAE-aModules - App for Android mobile devices, support link here
- DRM Software - software for controlling relays - here
- Domoticz - This device is supported by the powerful home automation system Domoticz. Please take a look at our application note for more information - http://denkovi.com/domoticz-with-denkovi-modules
- openHAB - This device is supported by the powerful home automation system openHAB. Please take a look at our application note for more information. You can also download the configuration files for openHAB (ver 2.2.0) for communication via SNMP requests.
- Majordomotic - Cloud home automation software by the company EdelBit. It supports all our ethernet relays and ip controllers. Additional android software is available as well. Here we have tried to explain how to work with it together with our hardware - http://denkovi.com/majordomotic-with-denkovi-ethernet-relays
- MyDomoticaHd - Android software by www.phsoftware.altervista.org. Additional explanation how to use the software with our ethernet relays and ip controllers - here: http://denkovi.com/mydomoticahd-with-denkovi-ethernet-relays
- Net-snmp command line tool for windows and C++ library - here
- iReasoning MIB browser (very useful tool) - here
|Release Date||Current Version||Mib File||Update Utility||Version History||Note|
|Here||Denkovi Finder||Version History||Instructions how to update - will be sent by request only|
Some examples are not public, and the download links will be sent to your email after purchase or by request.
- Node-RED IoT platform - example communication flows in SNMP and HTTP. More about Denkovi modules and Node-RED: here.
- C# .NET Express 2010 - Sets the outputs via snmp v.1 with timeouts
- VB .NET Express 2010 - Very simple demo. It demonstrates how to set and get DAEnetIP2 ports values.
- Java (Netbeans) - Example for accessing DAEnetIP2 controller. Works in Linux / Windows / Mac
- PHP - Example for controlling the 16 digital outputs and reading the ADC (tested with WAMP with snmp)
- labVIEW 2011 - basic snmp manager for DAEnetIP2 built with labVIEW.
- Node.js (SNMPv1) - example how to communicate with the module using SNMPv1 set/get requests in Node.js.
- Python - Example how to set/get the DAEnetIP2v2 status using SNMP requests