WiFi 16 Relay Module, TCP/IP, UDP, Virtual Serial Port - DIN BOX
This Wi-Fi 16 Relay Module with standart DIN RAIL BOX is designed for easy wireless control of electrical devices. You can control lights, garage doors, window blinds, irrigation systems and so on just with several clicks from your Laptop, Tablet or Mobile phone. Works with Home Assistant, Domoticz and OpenHAB home automation systems as well as with Node-RED IoT platform. For advanced users we provide TCP/IP, UDP and Virtual COM Port integration protocol software source code examples.
- Brand: Denkovi Assembly Electronics ltd.
- Weight: 0.505 Kgs
- Wireless Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n standart;
- External Wi-Fi antenna for better range;
- Supported Wi-Fi modes: AP (Access Point), STA (Station) and AP+STA (Access Point + Station);
- Supported Wi-Fi encryption modes:
- WEB server configuration of system parameters;
- WEB server secure login authorization;
- Standart network protocols: DHCP, DNS, ICMP (ping);
- Control relays via TCP/IP, UDP or Virtual Serial (COM) Port;
- Can be controlled by smartDEN IP-32IN module (box-to-box);
- Led indicators: Relays, Power ON, Wi-Fi link, Ready Status;
- Hight quality PCB: FR4 / 1.5mm / two layers / metalized holes / HAL / white stamp / solder mask / extra PCB openings for better voltage isolation / doubled PCB tracks for better voltage isolation;
- DIN RAIL BOX
- Operating temperature range: from 0 ºC to +70 ºC;
- Dimensions: W=85mm x L=210mm x H=58mm;
- Supported by DRM software (Windows, Linux, Raspbian): Yes
- Supported by DAE-aModules App for Android - New
- Supported by Denkovi Command line tool (Windows, Linux, Raspbian): Yes
- Supported by various third party software (Android, iOS, Windows);
- Supported by Home Assistant home automation software - New;
- Supported by openHAB home automation software - New;
- Supported by Domoticz home automation software - New;
- Supported by Node-RED IoT platform - New;
- Software examples: here;
- Documentation: here.
Please note the product does not come with power supply adapter that you may need. We offer suitable adapters with plug-in outlet or DIN Rail BOX on this link: http://denkovi.com/power-supply-adapters
The Wi-Fi 16 Relay Module can control devices wirelessly.
Easy access Wi-Fi 16 Relay Module via Internet and control electrical devices from Smartphone, Laptop or Tablet.
Wi-Fi 16 Relay Module can be accessed via Virtual Serial (COM) Port
Wi-Fi 16 Relay Module can controlled by some of smartDEN Input Module's analog/digital/temperature inputs via Internet/Ethernet (box-to-box mode). Please check out our application note about this mode.
Denkovi Relay Command Line Tool
Supported OS: Windows Linux Raspbian
Although this is utility for USB relays, we added and the Wi-Fi relay boards to it in order to provide flexibility and compatibility with currently already developed systems based on our USB 16 Relay Modules.
Here the logic is similar to the USB relay boards control. Instead of ID or serial number, we have IP address:Port. Instead of relay board model, we have wifi16-tcp or wifi16-udp which set the communication method. Everything else is the same.
LIST COMMAND - obviously this command will display only the USB relay boards and not the Wi-Fi boards as they are network devices.
java -jar DenkoviRelayCommandLineTool.jar list
STATUS COMMAND - display relay(s) status(es).
java -jar DenkoviRelayCommandLineTool.jar 10.10.100.254:8899 wifi16-tcp 2 status
java -jar DenkoviRelayCommandLineTool.jar 10.10.100.254:8899 wifi16-tcp all status
SET COMMAND - set relay(s) state(s).
java -jar DenkoviRelayCommandLineTool.jar 10.10.100.254:8899 wifi16-tcp 2 1
java -jar DenkoviRelayCommandLineTool.jar 10.10.100.254:8899 wifi16-tcp all 0
java -jar DenkoviRelayCommandLineTool.jar 10.10.100.254:8899 wifi16-tcp turn 1110
TIMER COMMAND - execute time-critical operations. Well known fact is that every time when we run the command line tool the jvm is being run and this takes significant time. Many users contacted us with requests to execute timer commands for time-critical operations. That's why we added such command. It can perform single pulse, many pulses and even cycles with more complex sequences of pulses and every pulse can be with different time (in milliseconds). Please note the state bits must be equal to the relay number!
java -jar DenkoviRelayCommandLineTool.jar 10.10.100.254:8899 wifi16-tcp timer 1,1111,10,0000,50,1111,25 //makes all relays ON for 10ms, all OFF for 50ms and all ON for 25ms
Supported OS: Windows Linux Raspbian
The device is supported by DRM Software - a tool for controlling all our relay boards. In order to access the module select device type WiFi 16 Relay Brd. IP/URL is the IP or URL of the board. Port is the TCP/IP or UDP port of the board (depending on the communication method used). Protocol may be tcp or udp.
Configuration via Web Browser
The built-in web server provides ability for basic configuration of the module, like network settings, TCP/IP and UDP sockets parameters, wireless settings, passwords. Please note the relays can not be controlled via the web server!
Control via Virtual Serial (COM) Port technology
Nowadays there are lot of software applications still using/preferring serial port communications. One key feature of the module is that it supports Virtual Serial (COM) Port controlling of the relays. For example in Windows, controlling of the module is done via Virtual COM Port, shown in device manager, like in the screenshot bellow.
Access from Home Assistant
Access from OpenHAB
OpenHAB is a third party open source free home automation software. Run your server on Linux, macOS, Windows, Raspberry Pi, PINE64, Docker, Synology... Access it with apps for the web, iOS, Android and others. Use a powerful and flexible engine to design rules, with time and event-based triggers, scripts, actions, notifications and voice control.
Access from Domoticz
Domoticz is a free open source popular home automation software which can run on Windows, Linux, MAC, Rasberry PI and others. It is a home automation system design to control various devices and receive input from various sensors. Access it with apps for the web, iOS, Android and others.
More information about how to connect and use it with our hardware - http://denkovi.com/domoticz-with-denkovi-modules or contact with us.
Access from Node-RED
Node-RED is a flow-based programming platform for the Internet of Things. We prepared small example for communication between Node-RED and our device. More info about Node-RED and denkovi modules: here
You can download the example Node-RED flows from here: TCP communication flow
Access from DAE-aModules Android App
Some useful information about DAE-aModules and Wi-Fi 16 Relay Board:
- Select device Wi-Fi 16 Relay Module TCP or Wi-Fi 16 Relay Module UDP. Enter the IP address of the board and TCP/UDP Port
Control via Android Apps
There are really lot of mobile apps capable to send TCP/IP and UDP messages. One such free app is Socket Control Widget for Android devices. It is simple and creates widget buttons on your screen where every button can control a relay(s).
- Denkovi Relay Command Line Tool
- DRM Software - software for controlling relays
- DAE-aModules - App for Android mobile devices, support link here
- Home Assistant - This device is supported by Home Assistant. For more information - please follow this article.
- Domoticz - This device is supported by the powerful home automation system Domoticz. Please take a look at our application note for more information - http://denkovi.com/domoticz-with-denkovi-modules
- openHAB - This device is supported by the powerful home automation system openHAB. Please take a look at our application note for more information. You can also download the configuration files for openHAB (ver 2.2.0) for communication via TCP binding example.
- Socket Control Widget, an android application for sending TCP/IP messages. It creates widget buttons on your screen. Android market link - here
- Tibbo Virtual Serial Port Manager (part of Tibbo Device Servet Toolkit) - 32bit download or 64bit download
- Packet Sender is 100% free tool for sending TCP/IP or UDP messages (If you find the app useful, please consider donating)
- Node-RED IoT platform - example communication flow using TCP communication. More about Denkovi modules and Node-RED: here.
- Java - A netbeans project, demo which is able to set and get relays status via TCP/IP or UDP sockets.
- VB.NET - example how to set and read the status of the relays. The executable file ready for using is here
- C#.NET - example how to set and read the status of the relays.
- C++.NET - example how to set and read the status of the relays.
- Delphi Lazarus - example how to set and read the status of the relays.
- PHP Live Demo - Code is here.
- Visual Basic 6 (TCP Socket) - example how to communicate with the module using TCP commands.
- Node.js (TCP Sockets) - example how to communicate with the module using TCP socket commands in Node.js.