WiFi 16 Relay Module, TCP/IP, UDP, Virtual Serial Port - PCB
Brings easily control of electrical appliances wirelessly. This is a Wi-Fi controlled relay board with 16 channels up to 15A / 250VAC each. Simple control electrical devices wirelessly from PC, Laptop, Smartphone or even via Internet. Supports communication via TCP/IP and UDP messages but also Virtual Serial (COM) Port as well. For developers and integrators, we provide software examples.
- Brand: Denkovi Assembly Electronics ltd.
- Weight: 0.345 Kgs
- Supply source is selectable during purchase:
- 12V DC / 600mA (for relays JQC-3FC/T73 and RAS-12-15);
- 24V DC / 400mA (for relays RAS-24-15);
- Wireless Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n standart;
- Supported Wi-Fi modes: AP (Access Point), STA (Station) and AP+STA (Access Point + Station);
- Supported Wi-Fi encryption modes:
- WEB server configuration of system parameters;
- WEB server secure login authorization;
- Standart network protocols: DHCP, DNS, ICMP (ping);
- Control relays via TCP/IP, UDP or Virtual Serial (COM) Port;
- Can be controlled by smartDEN IP-32IN module (box-to-box);
- Led indicators: Relays, Power ON, Wi-Fi link, Ready Status;
- Hight quality PCB: FR4 / 1.5mm / two layers / metalized holes / HAL / white stamp / solder mask / extra PCB openings for better voltage isolation / doubled PCB tracks for better voltage isolation;
- Operating temperature range: from 0 ºC to +70 ºC;
- Dimensions: W=82mm x L=203mm x H=24mm;
- Supported by DRM software (Windows, Linux, Raspbian): Yes
- Supported by Denkovi Command line tool (Windows, Linux, Raspbian): Yes
- Supported by DAE-aModules App for Android - New
- Supported by various third parity software (Android, iOS, Windows);
- Software examples: here;
- Documentation: here.
Please note the product does not come with power supply adapter that you may need. We offer suitable adapters with plug-in outlet or DIN Rail BOX on this link: http://denkovi.com/power-supply-adapters
The difference between the three types of relays is that JQC-3FC/T73 and RAS-12-15 requires 12VDC power supply and RAS-24-15 requires 24VDC power supply. JQC-3FC/T73 relays can handle max 12A/120VAC and RAS-12-15 / RAS-24-15 can max 15A/120VAC.
The main feature of Wi-Fi 16 Relay Board is that it can control electrical devices wirelessly
Easy access Wi-Fi 16 Relay Board via Internet and control electrical devices
Wi-Fi 16 Relay Board can be accessed via Virtual Serial (COM) Port
Wi-Fi 16 Relay Board can controlled by some of smartDEN Input Module's analog/digital/temperature inputs via Internet/Ethernet (box-to-box mode). Please check out our application note about this mode.
Denkovi Relay Command Line Tool
Supported OS: Windows Linux Raspbian
Although this is utility for USB relays, we added and the Wi-Fi relay boards to it in order to provide flexibility and compatibility with currently already developed systems based on our USB 16 Relay Modules.
Here the logic is similar to the USB relay boards control. Instead of ID or serial number, we have IP address:Port. Instead of relay board model, we have wifi16-tcp or wifi16-udp which set the communication method. Everything else is the same.
LIST COMMAND - obviously this command will display only the USB relay boards and not the Wi-Fi boards as they are network devices.
java -jar DenkoviRelayCommandLineTool.jar list
STATUS COMMAND - display relay(s) status(es).
java -jar DenkoviRelayCommandLineTool.jar 10.10.100.254:8899 wifi16-tcp 2 status
java -jar DenkoviRelayCommandLineTool.jar 10.10.100.254:8899 wifi16-tcp all status
SET COMMAND - set relay(s) state(s).
java -jar DenkoviRelayCommandLineTool.jar 10.10.100.254:8899 wifi16-tcp 2 1
java -jar DenkoviRelayCommandLineTool.jar 10.10.100.254:8899 wifi16-tcp all 0
java -jar DenkoviRelayCommandLineTool.jar 10.10.100.254:8899 wifi16-tcp turn 1110
TIMER COMMAND - execute time-critical operations. Well known fact is that every time when we run the command line tool the jvm is being run and this takes significant time. Many users contacted us with requests to execute timer commands for time-critical operations. That's why we added such command. It can perform single pulse, many pulses and even cycles with more complex sequences of pulses and every pulse can be with different time (in milliseconds). Please note the state bits must be equal to the relay number!
java -jar DenkoviRelayCommandLineTool.jar 10.10.100.254:8899 wifi16-tcp timer 1,1111,10,0000,50,1111,25 //makes all relays ON for 10ms, all OFF for 50ms and all ON for 25ms
Supported OS: Windows Linux Raspbian
The device is supported by DRM Software - a tool for controlling all our relay boards. In order to access the module select device type WiFi 16 Relay Brd. IP/URL is the IP or URL of the board. Port is the TCP/IP or UDP port of the board (depending on the communication method used). Protocol may be tcp or udp.
Configuration via Web Browser
The built-in web server provides ability for basic configuration of the module, like network settings, TCP/IP and UDP sockets parameters, wireless settings, passwords. Please note the relays can not be controlled via the web server!
Control via Virtual Serial (COM) Port technology
Nowadays there are lot of software applications still using/preferring serial port communications. One key feature of the module is that it supports Virtual Serial (COM) Port controlling of the relays. For example in Windows, controlling of the module is done via Virtual COM Port, shown in device manager, like in the screenshot bellow.
Access DAEnetIP3 from DAE-aModules Android App
Some useful information about DAE-aModules and Wi-Fi 16 Relay Board:
- Select device Wi-Fi 16 Relay Module TCP or Wi-Fi 16 Relay Module UDP. Enter the IP address of the board and TCP/UDP Port
Control via Third Parity Android Apps
There are really lot of mobile apps capable to send TCP/IP and UDP messages. One such free app is Socket Control Widget for Android devices. It is simple and creates widget buttons on your screen where every button can control a relay(s).
- Denkovi Relay Command Line Tool
- DRM Software - software for controlling relays
- DAE-aModules - App for Android mobile devices, support link here
- Socket Control Widget, an android application for sending TCP/IP messages. It creates widget buttons on your screen. Android market link - here
- Tibbo Virtual Serial Port Manager (part of Tibbo Device Servet Toolkit) - 32bit download or 64bit download
- Packet Sender is 100% free tool for sending TCP/IP or UDP messages (If you find the app useful, please consider donating)
- Java - A netbeans project, demo which is able to set and get relays status via TCP/IP or UDP sockets.
- VB.NET - example how to set and read the status of the relays. The executable file ready for using is here
- C#.NET - example how to set and read the status of the relays.
- C++.NET - example how to set and read the status of the relays.
- Delphi Lazarus - example how to set and read the status of the relays.
- PHP Live Demo - Code is here.