smartDEN IoT MQTT Ethernet 16 Relay Board
smartDEN IP-16R-MQ is a LAN relay board with 16 SPDT relays for remote control with integrated web server for set-up, MQTT and http/xml/json support for embedding in other systems. The built-in real time clock allows to organize schedule stand-alone work without connection to computer. Suitable for IoT, Industrail and Home automations, irrigation systems and network watch-dog systems. Works with Home Assistant, Domoticz and OpenHAB home automation systems as well as with Node-RED IoT platform. Supported by DRMv3 Software and DAE-aModules android app. This is the PCB version.
- Brand: Denkovi Assembly Electronics ltd.
- Weight: 0.343 Kgs
- 10 Mb Ethernet interface with Link/Activity Led;
- 16 SPDT relays (with NO and NC contacts);
- Led for each relay;
- Pulse function (timer) for every relay;
- Real Time Clock (RTC) for schedule (calendar) stand-alone work;
- Web server with secure login authorization;
- MQTT protocol API and MQTT notifications based on various events;
- Secure HTTP/XML/JSON API protocol support for read/write relays status;
- Supported protocols: ARP, IP, ICMP (ping), DHCP, DNS;
- Watch-Dog Auto-Reboot ICMP (outgoing) function;
- Access protection (by IP and MAC address);
- Option for relays states saving and loading on reset;
- Supported by DRMv3 Software (Windows, Linux, Raspbian);
- Supported by DAE-aModules mobile App for Android;
- Supported by various home automation and IoT platforms - Home Assistant, openHAB, Domoticz, Node-RED IoT Platform;
- Many software examples - here;
- Other third party software - here;
- Documentation - here
|PCB size, mm||203 x 82|
|PCB weight, g||285|
|Power supply voltage,VDC||12 or 24 (depends on the model) ±2|
|Maximum current consumption at 12VDC (when all relays are ON), mA||600|
|Maximum current consumption at 24VDC (when all relays are ON), mA||400|
|Operating temperature range, °C||0 to 70|
|SPDT relay channels (the type depends on the stocks quantity in our store):||
TONGLING - JQC-3FF-S-Z (10A / 250VAC, 15A / 120VAC, 10A / 28VDC)
SUNHOLD - RAS xx15 (10A / 250VAC, 15A / 120VAC, 15A / 24VDC)
Please note the product does not come with power supply adapter that you may need. We offer such suitable 12/24V adapters with plug-in outlet for your country or DIN RAIL box on this link: http://denkovi.com/power-supply-adapters
- Remote control of electrical appliances;
- Industrial automation;
- Home automation;
- Restart computers remotely;
- Garden irrigation applications which requres powering on/off upon certain time without computer;
- Internet of things (IoT).
Cloud access SmartDEN IP-16R-MQ via MQTT Broker for IoT, Home Automation and Industrial Automation applications.
Easily access SmartDEN IP-16R-MQ via internet or LAN and control appliances remotely for Home Automation and Industrial Automation applications.
SmartDEN IP-16R-MQ supports up to 30 schedule events for controlling appliances without connection with computer. It is possible to set ON/OFF event upon minute, hour, day of week or certain date. For more information please take a look into the documentation.
SmartDEN IP-16R-MQ supports periodically sending outgoing ping request to remote host (router, switch, PC, IP camera...) and upon timeout it will perform reboot of the device in order "to keep it alive".
Access via software DRMv3
This device is supported by DRMv3 Software.
The device can be found in the device list under the default name: smartDEN IP-16R-MQ
Access via mobile devices
Android App DAE-aModules
Useful information about DAE-aModules and smartDEN IP-16R-MQ:
- In case smartDEN IP-16R-MQ - Cloud is selected:
- MQTT Server - this is the MQTT broker IP address or DNS name (for example iot.eclispe.org);
- MQTT Server Port - the MQTT broker port (usually 1883);
- MAC Address - the MAC address of smartDEN IP-16R-MQ;
- User Name - the username used for connection (see it from "MQTT Settings" page from web server);
- Password - the password used for connection (see it from "MQTT Settings" page from web server);
- In case smartDEN IP-16R-MQ - XML is selected:
- IP address (URL) - the IP address of the module;
- Web Server Port - the web server port of the module;
- Password - the web password (can be found in "General Settings" page);
- Please note you have to log-out from the webserver in order to work with the android app via this method!
Control smartDEN IP-16R-MQ from Home Automation systems
OpenHAB is a third party open source free home automation software which can run on servers based on Linux, macOS, Windows, Raspberry Pi, PINE64, Docker, Synology...
Domoticz is a free open source popular home automation software which can run on Windows, Linux, MAC, Rasberry PI and others. It is a home automation system design to control various devices and receive input from various sensors. Access it with apps for the web, iOS, Android and others.
More information about how to connect and use it with our hardware - http://denkovi.com/domoticz-with-denkovi-modules or contact with us.
For Hardware configuration, please use: Type = Denkovi Modules with LAN (HTTP) Interface, Model = SmartDEN IP-16R-MQ
Please note you have to log-out from the webserver in order to access via Domoticz!
Access smartDEN IP-16R-MQ from Node-RED
Node-RED is a flow-based programming platform for the Internet of Things. We prepared small example for communication between Node-RED and our device. More info about Node-RED and denkovi modules: here
Control smartDEN IP-16R-MQ with browser
Control smartDEN IP-16R-MQ via MQTT
smartDEN IP-16R-MQ relays can be controlled by MQTT V3.1.1 messages. The module subscribes to a topic like SmartDEN_MQTT16R/E8EADA123456/Set/RS1 and the publisher (laptop, smartphone) sends a message like 0 or 1 to turn ON and OFF the relay.
Control smartDEN IP-16R-MQ via HTTP GET Request and receive the reply in XML or JSON format
For software integrators - as usually, the module supports HTTP GET requests with JSON/XML reply.
smartDEN IP-16R-MQ HTTP GET request concept
Sample JSON GET request:
Sample XML GET request:
Please refer to the documentation for more information what is the command format and what parameters are supported.
XML and JSON GET request / reply
|Release Date||Current Version||Update Utility||Version History||Note|
|Denkovi Finder||Version History||Instructions how to update - will be sent by request only|
- Denkovi Finder - utility for discovery DAEnetIP4 and smartDEN devices in local network - here
- DRMv3 Software - software for monitoring, control and configuration - here
- DAE-aModules - App for Android mobile devices, support link here
- Home Assistant - This device is supported by Home Assistant. For more information - please follow this article.
- openHAB - This device is supported by the powerful home automation system openHAB. Please take a look at our application note for more information. You can also download the configuration files for openHAB (ver 2.2.0) for communication via HTTP GET and MQTT requests.
- Domoticz - This device is supported by the powerful home automation system Domoticz. Please take a look at our application note for more information - http://denkovi.com/domoticz-with-denkovi-modules
- MQTT Spy - Test MQTT client
- MQTT Probe - iOS app
- Node-RED IoT platform - example communication flows with MQTT and HTTP. More about Denkovi modules and Node-RED: here.
- Java (netbeans project) - Example1(HTTP GET Requests), Example2 (MQTT)
- C#.NET - Example 1 (MQTT) and Example 2 (HTTP GET Requests)
- C++.NET - Example how to set and read the status of the relays via HTTP GET Requests in C++.NET.
- PHP Demo - Example how to set and read the status of the relays via HTTP/API in PHP.
- Visual Basic 6 (HTTP GET Requests) - example how to communicate with the module using HTTP get requests.
- Node.js - Example1 (HTTP GET Requests), Example2 (MQTT)
- Python - Example how to set/get the device I/O status using HTTP GET requests