DAEnetIP2 - SNMP Ethernet controller with 24 digital/analog I/O
Standalone SNMP and Web based internet/ethernet module (IP controller). It is suitable for home automation, data acquisition, relays controlling, sensors monitoring, fire alarm systems and so on. It has 24 digital/analog I/O. Works with Home Assistant, Domoticz and OpenHAB home automation systems as well as with Node-RED IoT platform. It is possible to be controlled by: configuration software, command line, Android/iOS app, web browser, HTTP API commands
- Brand: Denkovi Assembly Electronics ltd.
- Weight: 0.086 Kgs
- 10/100 Mb Ethernet interface with Link/Activity Led (for DAEnetIP2 rev2)
- Power supply: 7.5 - 25VDC;
- Low power consuption (<50mA/12V);
- 8 analog inputs with 10 bit resolution (0-3.3VDC);
- 16 (2x8) bit configurable digital I/O port (0-3.3VDC);
- Standart protocols: ARP, IP, ICMP (ping), DHCP;
- Supports snmp v1 (snmpset, snmpget, snmptrap), HTTP (web server with autorization) , TFTP (for firmware upgrade);
- Ports for SNMP (161) and HTTP (80) can be changed;
- Two MAC addresses protection;
- It can be configured with SNMP requests or web browser;
- Integrated WEB server for all functions/parameters access. I/O lines labels can be changed via browser;
- HTTP API commands for getting/setting the I/O states (with basic access authentication);
- Reset of the digital outputs on incoming/outgoing ping timeout (watchdog function);
- Function "load outputs states from EEPROM on boot";
- Each I/O line can be named by user via web browser;
- It can send traps according analog ADC level;
- Analog Inputs may be referred to control digital outputs according their levels;
- Possibility of connection analog sensors (temperature, humidity, light, distance) to the analog inputs;
- PCB size: 43mm x 55mm;
- Working temperature range: 0ºC to 70ºC;
- Software by Denkovi - DRM Software (Windows/Linux), DAEnetIP2 Configuration utility, DAE-iModules App for iOS, DAE-aModules App for Android - New;
- Third party software - more info here;
- Supported by Home Assistant home automation software - New;
- Supported by openHAB home automation software - New;
- Supported by Domoticz home automation software - New;
- Supported by Node-RED IoT platform - New;
- Software examples for PHP, JAVA, .NET and NI LabView - here;
- Manual: contact with us
DAEnetIP2 application examples
- Security and fire alarm systems
- Manual or automatic device restart if event occur
- Management/monitoring for industrial
- Sensor information processing
- Remote Lock/unlock doors
- Home automation
- Remote controlling electrical devices via relay boards over the network (please look at our store, we sell also sets: DAEnetIP2 + relay board)
DAEnetIP2 - control electrical device remotely
DAEnetIP2 - control electrical device remotely
DAEnetIP2 - watchdog function (automatic device restart if event (timeout) occur). For example routers, switches or servers can be restarted if no ping is detected during the timeout.
DAEnetIP2 I/O Ports
|"Free" - the pizn is free and defined for the user.||"XXXXXX" - the pin is reserved||"In" - the pin is input||"I/O" – digital input or output depending the settings||"Out" - the pin is output||"Ain"– analog input|
For inputs, if the input voltage exceed 3.3V, the controller may be damaged. If you have questions how to use the I/O ports please contact with us or take a look into the manual.
First, you will have to find suitable power supply adaptor (we sell power such adaptors, please look at our store). The minimal supply voltage is 7.5 VDC. The maximal voltage is 25 VDC. It is recommended the supply voltage to be 12 VDC. The power consumption is about 0.55 W.
The controller doesn't have any protection against inverted supply voltage. The middle pin of the power terminal is + Vcc - center positive tip polarity.
Here are the steps (instructions) how to power on and connect the device directly to your computer (see this image). For router LAN connection (see this image) or Internet connection, please see in the user manual:
Connect the DAEnetIP2 device with your computer via UTP crossover cable. (note that the device does not support AUTO MDIX - see here)
Supply with voltage in the allowed range. For example - 12VDC stabilized filtered power source.
Your initial computer IP should be in the device network. So it is recommend to be 172.16.100.1. Change it.
Open web browser and type 172.16.100.2 – default username/password are “admin”/”admin”
Now you can access all the parameters via your web browser
How to connect sensors to DAEnetIP2
More information how to connect different types of sensors to the DAEnetIP2 Analog Port -
The controller has default settings, in case the access is lost. There are several steps for loading the default settings:
DAEnetIP2 Manager is configuration utility for Denkovi DAEnetIP2 controller
- Access many DAEnetIP2 controllers at a time
- SNMPv1 protocol
- Name for each controller
- Support most of the DAEnetIP2 OIDs
- Configurating each P3/P5 I/O line separately as input or output
- Linearization (scaling) for the Analog Inputs (displaying the analog inputs values in human reading values - volts, meters degrees)
- Thresholds can be converted automaticaly from human units into divisions
For download please use this link: download
Access from Home Assistant
Access from OpenHAB
OpenHAB is a third party open source free home automation software. Run your server on Linux, macOS, Windows, Raspberry Pi, PINE64, Docker, Synology... Access it with apps for the web, iOS, Android and others. Use a powerful and flexible engine to design rules, with time and event-based triggers, scripts, actions, notifications and voice control.
Access from Domoticz
Domoticz is a free open source popular home automation software which can run on Windows, Linux, MAC, Rasberry PI and others. It is a home automation system design to control various devices and receive input from various sensors. Access it with apps for the web, iOS, Android and others.
More information about how to connect and use it with our hardware - http://denkovi.com/domoticz-with-denkovi-modules or contact with us.
Access from Node-RED
Node-RED is a flow-based programming platform for the Internet of Things. We prepared small example for communication between Node-RED and our device. More info about Node-RED and denkovi modules: here
Access DAEnetIP2 from mobile devices
iOS App DAE-iModules
Android App DAE-aModules
The video bellow shows how you can control DAEnetIP2 based device - SNMP 8 Relay Board LM35DZ. Any other Denkovi Ethernet Device from this list can be acessed with same success from your iOS device via DAE-iModules.
Some useful information about DAE-aModules/DAE-iModules and DAEnetIP2:
- Select device DAEnetIP2. You must be sure the IP, UDP Port and SNMP community are correct, otherwise it won't enter into the device
- To connect and scale the analog inputs with sensors, please refer to this link: http://denkovi.com/connecting-analog-sensors-to-daenetip2.
Control via web browser
I/O Ports control/monitor
Traps/P5 control. DAEnetIP2 can send traps if some analog input changes its level bellow/above some threshold (Low/High).
The same logic can be used for setting one of the digital outputs port - JP5 according analog input port JP6.
HTTP API Commands
DAEnetIP2 i/o lines can be controlled/accessed via HTTP API commands and basic access authentication is required to do that.
The digital outputs (P3 and P5) can be controlled by sending this HTTP command:
var IO=new Array (0xFF, 0xFF, 0x80, 0x00AB, 0x0049, 0x0118, 0x014A, 0x012F, 0x003E, 0x0029, 0x01DD)
Control DAEnetIP2 via command line
Net-snmp is free command line utility for windows which allows you to execute snmp commands from command line, BAT files, BASH scripts or any other sofwtare that can execute external .exe file or commands from command line. The instructions file how to install net-snmp and example commands can be downloaded from here.
For developers - we can provide examples and support for the following platforms:
VB.NET Express example
- DAE-iModules - App for iOS mobile devices, support link here
- DAE-aModules - App for Android mobile devices, support link here
- DAEnetIP2 Manager (Windows/Linux) - Configuration utility - download here
- DRM Software - software for controlling relays - here
- Home Assistant - This device is supported by Home Assistant. For more information - please follow this article.
- Domoticz - This device is supported by the powerful home automation system Domoticz. Please take a look at our application note for more information - http://denkovi.com/domoticz-with-denkovi-modules
- openHAB - This device is supported by the powerful home automation system openHAB. Please take a look at our application note for more information. You can also download the configuration files for openHAB (ver 2.2.0) for communication via SNMP requests.
- Majordomotic - Cloud home automation software by the company EdelBit. It supports all our ethernet relays and ip controllers. Additional android software is available as well. Here we have tried to explain how to work with it together with our hardware - http://denkovi.com/majordomotic-with-denkovi-ethernet-relays
- MyDomoticaHd - Android software by www.phsoftware.altervista.org. Additional explanation how to use the software with our ethernet relays and ip controllers - here: http://denkovi.com/mydomoticahd-with-denkovi-ethernet-relays
- Net-snmp command line tool for windows and C++ library - here
- iReasoning MIB browser (very useful tool) - here
Please use DAEnetIP2 rev.2 firmware files only for DAEnetIP2 rev.2 modules and old DAEnetIP2 firmware files only for old DAEnetIP2 modules! The old and new firmware files are not compatible as there is hardware change from rev.2.
|Release Date||Firmware Version||Hardware revision||Mib File||Update Utility||Version History||Note|
|Nov 2017||6.28||DAEnetIP2 rev.2||Here||DAEnetIP Burner||Version History||Instructions how to update are in the User's manual or at this link.|
|Feb 2013||First hardware revison||Here||DAEnetIP Burner||Version History||Instructions how to update are in the User's manual or at this link|
|08 Nov 2017||
From 08 Nov 2017 we start shipping DAEnetIP2 with minor hardware changes (rev2). The new hardware is designed in a way to keep the compatibility however there are still small changes:
On the picture below it is shown how does it looks like the DAEnetIP2 rev2 module. You will see on the bottom side label with text "Rev. 2" which means that is DAEnetIP2 rev2 module, otherwise you have the old DAEnetIP2 module.
Some examples are not public, and the download links will be sent to your email after purchase or by request.
- Node-RED IoT platform - example communication flows in SNMP and HTTP. More about Denkovi modules and Node-RED: here.
- C# .NET Express 2010 - Sets the outputs via snmp v.1 with timeouts
- VB .NET Express 2010 - Very simple demo. It demonstrates how to set and get DAEnetIP2 ports values.
- Java (Netbeans) - Example for accessing DAEnetIP2 controller. Works in Linux / Windows / Mac
- PHP - Example for controlling the 16 digital outputs and reading the ADC (tested with WAMP with snmp)
- labVIEW 2011 - basic snmp manager for DAEnetIP2 build with labVIEW.
- Node.js (SNMPv1) - example how to communicate with the module using SNMPv1 set/get requests in Node.js.
- Python - Example how to set/get the smartDEN IP-MAXI I/O status using SNMP requests