smartDEN Logger - Web enabled temperature datalogger with analog/digital inputs
smartDEN Logger is a general purpose Ethernet/SD-Card data logger/tracker that can be used in a wide range of remote monitoring, measurement and data-acquisition applications. Thank to its multi-channel design (16 digital, 8 analog and 8 thermistor inputs) this device can log simultaneously a variety of measurements, for example temperature, humidity, light, pressure, voltage etc. In addition to continuous data recording to a SD card, the current measurements can be downloaded (uploaded) from (to) remote IP host in XML/JSON format. The Web interface allows users to configure the smartDEN Logger, monitor current measurements and access logged files for download or graphical visualization.
- Brand: Denkovi Assembly Electronics ltd.
- Weight: 0.305 Kgs
- 16 digital inputs with ON/OFF LED;
- 8 analog inputs 0-10V DC;
- 8 temperature inputs for NTC thermistors type B57500M (from -55 to +155°C) ;
- High quality terminal blocks;
- Type: removable microSD;
- Supported SD card formats: FAT16, FAT32;
- Supported SD card sizes: 4GB, 8GB, 16GB, 32GB;
- Log file format: CSV;
- Configurable logging period (min. 1 sec);
- Configurable log file size (100 KB to 1 MB);
Real Time Clock:
- Built-in real time clock: YES;
- Back-up power supply: YES;
- Auto synchronization: YES;
- Fully Compatible with 10/100/1000 Base-T networks, Auto-MDIX;
- Protocols: TCP/IP, HTTP, DHCP, DNS, NTP, ICMP (ping);
- Configuration of system and recording parameters;
- Access current measurements;
- Download logged data in Comma-separated-values (CSV) format;
- Graphical visualization of logged data;
- Secure login authorization;
- Access protection (by IP and MAC address);
- HTTP client: Automatically upload (POST) current data to a HTTP server in XML/JSON format;
- HTTP server: Access (GET) current measurements in XML/JSON format, download log files in CSV format;
- Supply voltage 10..28V DC;
- Additional source voltage 5V DC is provided for an easy sensors supply;
Physical and Environment:
- Working temperature range: 0 to 70°C;
- DIN Rail standard housing;
- 2 mounting feets for wall fixing.
The package include
- smartDEN Logger module with 16GB microSD card formatted and ready for using;
- One temperature sensor B57500M;
- 2 mounting feets for wall fixing;
- microSD adapter for card reader like this one.
- Weather station applications - wind speed / direction, temperature, relative humidity, solar radiation recording;
- Hydrographic recording of water level, water depth, water flow, water pH, water conductivity;
- Soil moisture level recording;
- Gas pressure recording;
- Recording a variety of environmental conditions;
- Measure variations in light intensity;
- Tank level monitoring;
- Environmental monitoring;
- Load profile recording for energy consumption management;
- Temperature, humidity and power use for heating and air conditioning efficiency studies;
- Water level monitoring for groundwater studies.
smartDEN Logger is shipped with one NTC thermistor sensor B57500M (up to 8 such sensors are supported by singe module). However additional sensors can be ordered from our store from this link: here
The module has 8 analog inputs 0-10V which can be used also with every analog output sensor within this voltage range. We offer range of sensor that can be connected as well to the analog inputs: LM35DZ (temperature), LM335Z(temperature), HIH-4000 (humidity), TSL250R(light), GP2Y0A21YK (Proximity)
The digital inputs can be used with any NO/NC or PNP output sensor like PIR, BEAM, BARRIER, GAS, SHOCK, SMOKE, VIBRATION, ACCESS CONTROL TERMINALS and so on...
The smartDEN Logger comes with 16GB microSD flash storage for storing the .CSV log files. For reference, a file with size of 1MB can store at least 7600 records. If the recording period is set to minimal (1 sec), such file will contain data for about 2 hours. For a whole day that is about 11 MB, or for one year the recorded data size will be about 4GB with 1 sec recording period.
Access the .CSV log files
First way: via web browser
The easiest way to access particular file is via web browser. Just log-in to the web server and goto section "Log Files". From this page it is possible to download specific file or to view it's records in chart plot directly in browser. Here it is not necessary to access the logger physically, but only internet connection to the module is required.
Second way: via smartDEN Plotter Software
The software is designed especially for smartDEN Logger and its main features are:
- Download automatically all (or only new) files on local storage from the remote smartDEN Logger;
- Plot multiple files on a single chart;
- Monitor the current input values from the smartDEN Logger;
Third way: physically access the device and copy the files from SD card
This method requires physical access to the SD card. The files can be copied and imported in smartDEN Plotter or another chart plotting software accepting .CSV files.
Remote Sensors Monitoring
The module provides easy monitoring feature for its 32 inputs via web browser. Simply log-in to it's web server and monitor the values received from the sensors anytime.
This is advanced feature, and in this mode smartDEN Logger is able to send periodically POST request with the current states of the inputs in XML or JSON format to remote server which can easily record the received data into SQL database.
JSON and XML HTTP protocols for software integration
It is possible to download (GET) the current inputs values by a HTTP protocol via GET requests. The returned reply may be in XML/JSON request. If you would like to test it manually, just open your web browser and type in the address bar the following request: http://192.168.1.100/current_state.xml?pw=admin or http://192.168.1.100/current_state.json?pw=admin and the XML/JSON file will be shown containing the inputs stataus at this moment.
- smartDEN Plotter - software for download and plot the log files from smartDEN Logger, support link here
- Denkovi Finder - utility for discovery DAEnetIP4 and smartDEN devices in local network - here
- Will be added later...