- Code: DAEnetIP2 + DAE-RB/Ro16-JQC-12V
- Manufacturer: Denkovi Assembly Electronics ltd.
- Weight: 0.400 Kgs
This is kit of IP controler and card with 16 SPDT relays. It is for home automation, hobby and commercial projects. It allows you controlling electrical devices via LAN/WAN (Internet). Just connect the device into your local network and control it from another computer or android smartphone over the LAN or Internet. This IP relay board can be controlled from: Configuration utility - DAEnetIP2 Manager, web browser, command line, android smartphone application or Denkovi Relay Manager Software. We can provide also software examples for developers.
- 10 Mb Ethernet interface with Link/Activity Led
- Power supply 12VDC or 24VDC - selectable during purchase. (No protection against overvoltage and inverse polarity)
- Maximal current consumption:
- 600 mA / 12VDC
- 400 mA / 24VDC
- 16 SPDT Relay channels. Relays type is selectable by user during purchase:
- 8 analog inputs with 10 bit resolution (0-3.3VDC)
- 16 (2x8) bit configurable digital I/O port (0-3.3VDC) - in this kit they are reserved for the relay board
- Dimensions: Relay PCB - 85mm / 300mm / 20mm; DAEnetIP2 - 43mm / 55mm / 15mm
- Standart protocols: ARP, IP, ICMP (ping), DHCP
- Supports snmp v1 (snmpset, snmpget, snmptrap), HTTP (integrated web server with autorization) , TFTP (for firmware upgrade)
- Ports for SNMP (161) and HTTP (80) can be changed
- Two MAC addresses protection
- It can be configured with SNMP requests or web browser (watchdog function)
- Reset of the relays on incoming/outgoing ping timeout
- Function "load outputs(relays) states from EEPROM on boot"
- Each I/O line can be named by user via web browser
- It can send traps according analog ADC level
- Analog Inputs may be referred to control the relay according their level
- Possibility of connection analog sensors to the analog inputs as LM34DZ, LM35DZ, LM335, MCP9700A
- Relay PCB parameters: FR4 / 1.5mm / two layers / metallized holes / HAL / white stamp / solder mask / Extra PCB openings for better voltage isolation / Doubled PCB tracks for better voltage isolation
- Software by Denkovi - DRM Software, DAEnetIP2 Configuration utility
- 3rd parity software: Command line utility - netsnmp, Android software (by iSwitch LLC, not free but inexpensive)
- Software examples: .NET, Java, Labview and PHP
- For detailed user manual - please contact us for download
- Security and fire alarm systems
- Manual or automatic device restart if event occur
- Management/monitoring for industrial
- Sensor information processing
- Remote Lock/unlock doors
- Home automation
The kit includes
- IP controller (Ethernet controller) - DAEnetIP2
- 16 Output Channel SPDT Relay Board (Relay type/Supply voltage is selectable during purchase: JQC-3FC/T73 and RAS-12-15 - 12VDC; RAS-24-15 - 24VDC)
- Flat ribbon labeled cabel
How to connect inductive load to relay
DAEnetIP2 I/O ports
|"Free" - the pizn is free and defined for the user.||"XXXXXX" - the pin is reserved||"In" - the pin is input||"I/O" – digital input or output depending the settings||"Out" - the pin is output||"Ain"– analog input|
All the DAEnetIP2 I/O ports do not have any protection against overvoltage or reversed polarity.
For inputs, if the input voltage exceed 3.3V, the controller may be damaged. If you have questions how to use the I/O ports please contact with us or take a look into the manual.
Here are the steps (instructions) how to power on and connect the device directly to your computer (see this image). For router LAN connection (see this image) or Internet connection, please see in the user manual:
1.Connect the DAEnetIP2 controller with your computer via UTP crossover cable. (note that the device does not support AUTO MDIX).
2.The flat ribbon cable connector must be fitted into to DAEnetIP2 IDC in this way
3.Connect each "In" labeled wire into the referred screw terminal of the relay board. For example "In 1" wire goes into Relay 1 In screw terminal, "In 2" wire goes into Relay 2 screw terminal and so on.
4.Connect the GND wire of the flat ribbon cable into the GND screw terminal of the relay board.
5.Connect supply jack to DAEnetIP2. You will have to find suitable power supply adaptor. DAEnetIP2 minimal supply voltage is 7.5 VDC. The maximal voltage is 25 VDC. It is recommended the supply voltage to be 12 VDC but 24 VDC also will work (in case you have 24V relay board and want single power supply source). DAEnetIP2 doesn't have any protection against inverted supply voltage, so be careful. The middle pin of the power terminal is + Vcc (center positive tip polarity)
6.Connect the power wires to the relay board as it is shown on the image right to the text. It is possible to supply the DAEnetIP2 controller and relay board either with single either with 2 separate power supply sources.
7.Now you can power on the whole kit (for example plug the supply adaptor into the electricity network)
8.In case of success you have to see this when you power on the kit (the link led (top) is blinking and the bottom led by default shows the power on and it is constantly on)
9.Check if the relay board power led is on constantly
|10. The kit in working condition|
11.Open your LAN card network settings and save them, because next step is to change them.
12.Your initial computer IP should be in the device network range. So it is recommend to be 172.16.100.1. Mask 255.255.0.0. Gateway 172.16.100.1. Change them. There is lot of info in the net how to do it (for example a good link is this one)
13.Open web browser and type 172.16.100.2 – default username/password are “admin”/”admin”
14.Now you can access all the parameters via your web browser or software on your computer.
How to connect LM35DZ temperature sensor to DAEnetIP2
DAEnetIP2 has 8 analog inputs (Port P6). Each is with 10 bit resolution and the Vref is 3.3VDC (from the power supply source). In combination for example with LM35DZ (sold separately in our web stie), DAEnetIP2 can measure temperature (0-100°C). Because the P6 port does not have any protection, the 27K resistor is strongly recommend in order to protect the P6 port. The temperature in this case can be calculated by this formula:
T = (165 * P6.X_value) / 512 [°C]
Please note this is low precise application and for more precise and accurate measurement we recommend http://denkovi.com/productv/74/snmp-8-relay-module-for-temperature-measurement-lm35dz.html
For more information, please refer to the user manual.
DAEnetIP2 default settings
The controller has default settings, in case the access is lost. There are several steps for loading the default settings:
Denkovi Relay Manager (DRM) is universal software for controling all kinds of Denkovi USB, VCP and SNMP relay boards.DRM Software will hep you to save money for expensive softwares and time in programming. It allows you to switch ON/OFF your devices at particular date and time, turn ON/OFF the relays with pulses or control them via specific sequence. If you have one of our relay boards from this list you may turn your PC in powerful automation tool.
DRM Software image - control mode for Internet / Ethernet Sixteen Channel Relay Board
For more information about DRM Software, screenshots and detailed description - here
Download the last version (install package) - DRMsetup.exe
DAEnetIP2 Manager is configuration utility for Denkovi DAEnetIP2 controller
DAEnetIP2 uses SNMP protocol. This is configuration utility for DAEnetIP2 controller. They are not included all SNMP functions in it, but basic settings can be done.
Download the last version (install package) - DAEnetIP2Manager.exe
Download the last version (install archive) - DAEnetIP2Manager.rar
Control via web browser
I/O Ports control/monitor
Traps/P5 control. DAEnetIP2 can send traps if some analog input changes its level bellow/above some threshold (Low/High).
The same logic can be used for setting one of the digital outputs port - JP5 according analog input port JP6.
Command line (DOS promt)
Steps for Install net-snmp library in Windows. In this way you will be able to control the ethernet controller with command line.
For most Linux OS, there is built in the same snmp tool in the kernel.
Example commands - here
You may use this inexpensive but very useful application for your Android smart phone or tablet. You may controll DAEnetIP2 digital outputs or read the DAEnetIP2 analog inputs. With the Gauge functions you may set the measured range and value (C, F, Voltage...). The application is marketed by iSwitch, LLC and may turn your android smartphone in very useful tool controlling DAEnetIP2 controller.
Download it from the Android Market
The App documentation may be downloaded from here
For more information about the Android App you may contact with us or use the developer site link
For developers - we can provide examples and support for the following platforms:
VB.NET Express example
- General links
- Software by Denkovi
- DAEnetIP Burner software for firmware upgrade - here. Instructions how to upgrade the firmware - see in the manual or here
- Software examples - Java, .NET, labVIEW or PHP. Please contact with us for download.
- DRM Software install package download - DRMsetup.exe (archive download - DRMsetup.rar), DRM Software page - here
- Third parity software
Some examples are not public distributed. Please contact with us for download.