- Code: DAE-CB/Ro16/Di4-JQC-USB
- Manufacturer: Denkovi Assembly Electronics ltd.
- Weight: 0.308 Kgs
This is the new version of our popular USB 16 Channel Relay Board - RS232 Controlled. It is suitable for controlling electrical devices, water jets, motors and so on. It may be integrated in small automtion and robotics projects. It uses one USB port of your PC and it is controlled via serial RS232 commands. It is shown on your PC as Virtual Com Port (VCP).
- Power supply - 12VDC, 300mA
- 16 SPDT relays - JQC-3F/T73 or RAS-1215. (Depending on your choice)
- MAX. SWITCHING CURRENT PER SINGLE RELAY CHANNEL:
- Relay JQC-3F/T73
- 7A / 250VAC
- 10A / 125VAC
- 12A / 120VAC
- 10A / 28VDC
- Relay RAS-1215
- 10A / 250VAC
- 15A / 120VAC
- 15A / 24VDC
- Relay JQC-3F/T73
- PCB parameters: FR4 / 1.5mm / two layers / metalized holes / HAL / white stamp / solder mask
- Extra PCB openings for better voltage isolation
- Doubled high current tracks
- Communication: Serial USB communication (Virtual Com Port)
- Power led: Yes
- Relay leds: Yes
- TX led: Yes
- RX led: Yes
- Supported by DRM software (Windows/Linux): Yes
- Source code examples: Yes - please contact with us.
- Size: 103mm x 24mm x 191mm
- Mounting holes diameter: 3mm
- Weight: 308 gr.
- Software examples - here
How to connect inductive loads
- Communication parameters - 8 Data, 1 Stop, No Parity, Baud Rate - 9600 bps
- Command for receiving the relays status:
- Send "ask//".
- The answer is two bytes - byte 1 and byte 2. Byte 1 represents relays from 1 to 8. MSB of byte 1 is Relay 1 and LSB of byte 1 is Relay 8. Byte 2 represents relays from 9 to 16. MSB of byte 2 is Relay 10 and LSB of byte 2 is Relay 16.
- answer 1: 00 -> relays from 1 to 16 are OFF.
- answer 2: 255(dec) 255(dec) -> relays from 1 to 16 are ON.
- answer 3: 81(dec) 81(dec) -> Relays 1,8,9,16 - ON, the rest are OFF.
- Commands for single relay setting:
- "01+//" - Relay 1 is switched ON
- "01-//" - Relay 1 is switched OFF
- "02+//" - Relay 2 is switched ON
- "02-//" - Relay 2 is switched OFF
- "16+//" - Relay 16 is switched ON
- "16-//" - Relay 16 is switched OFF
- Commands for all relays setting:
- "on//" - All relays are switched ON
- "off//" - All relays are switched OFF
- Command for many relays setting Send sequentially:
"x" - as a char
a - as HEX number. a[0;FF]. This number correspondends with relays from 1 to 8. The MSB is relay 1.
b - as HEX number. b[0;FF]. This number correspondends with relays from 9 to 16. The MSB is relay 9.
"/" - as a char. This is the first part of the delimiter
"/" - as a char. This is the second part of the delimiter
Example (a=1A(hex) and b= 05(hex) )
"x" 1A 05 "/" "/"
Relays 1,2,3,6,8,9,10,11,12,13,15 - switched OFF
Relays 4,5,7,14,16 - switched ON
Note that there must be minimum 5ms interval between each two commands !
Where to find the device
The device will appear in your computer as USB Serial Port
The device is supported by DRM Software. DRM Software is Windows/Linux software for controlling all our relay boards. Supported OS:
Windows: tested on XP, Vista, 7 and 8
Linux: tested on Ubuntu and OpenSuse
For more information about DRM Software, documentation and download - here
Download the last version (install package) - DRMsetup.exe
Download the last version (intstall archive) - DRMsetup.rar
USB 16 Relay Manager
USB 16 Relay Manager is software from Denkovi for controlling all our USB 16 Relay Boards
Step by step guide for connection and using the USB 16 Channel Relay Module - RS232 Controlled
- Connect the USB 16 Channel Relay Module - RS232 Controlled to the PC USB port with USB cable
- Supply the USB 16 Channel Relay Module - RS232 Controlled with 12 VDC. Be carefull - THERE IS NOT PROTECTION AGAINST VOLTAGE INVERTION !
- Download USB Relay Manager for controlling this board - it works with Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows 7
- You have to choose the relay board from the dropdown list of USB Relay Manager
- Wait several seconds. You should see green bar at the bottom of the window.
- Good luck !
USB 16 Relay Manager and USB 16 Channel Relay Module
For more information about USB 16 Relay Manager, screen-shots and detailed description - here
Download the last version (install package) - USB16RelayManager.exe
Download the last version (install archive) - USB16RelayManager.rar
USB Relay Timer
USB 16 Relay Timer is software from Denkovi for all our USB 16 Relay Boards
We developed this application because sometimes we need to switch on for example this relay for 5 sec or switch off that relay for 2.2 sec. With this Relay Timer Manager you can do such operations with resolution about 100 ms. You can add very larg number of states and each state can take delay from 100 ms up to 999,9 sec. The interface as you see is user-friendly and you can save or load your project (in .txt format). This system (USB 16 Channel Relay Module - RS232 Controlled plus USB Relay Timer) is suitable for small christmas light displays, home irrigation systems, also you could find solution of problems in the automation when it is required some sequence of different states and many others. Download it from here.
USB 16 Relay Timer and USB 16 Channel Relay Module
For more information about USB 16 Relay Timer, screen-shots and detailed description - here
Download the last version (install package) - USB16RelayTimer.exe
Download the last version (install archive) - USB16RelayTimer.rar
USB 16 Channel Relay Module
Demo video with DRM Software, USB hub and USB 16 Channel Relay Module
BCB Com Port Tool
BCB Com Port Tool is open source application for RS232/RS485 communication
This is windows application that allows you to test not only the USB 16 Channel Relay Module - RS232 Controlled but any other RS232/RS485 device. You can send and receive data easily, adjust the COM port, baud rate and so on. This project is open source and its main purpouse is to help you developing your own RS232 application.
BCB Com Port Tool and USB 16 Channel Relay Module
For more information about BCB Com Port Tool, screen-shots and detailed description - here
Download the last version (install package) -BCBComPortTool.exe
Download the last version (install archive) - BCBComPortTool.rar
Download the source (install archive) - source.rar
- FTDI web page - here
- FTDI drivers page - here
- FT232R page - here
- FTDI official page with source code examples - here
- Com port example for Borland C++ Builder - here
- FT232R documentation - here
- DRM Software - setup.exe
- USB 16 Relay Manager - USB16RelayManager,exe
- USB 16 Relay Timer - USB16RelayTimer.exe
- BCB Com Port Tool (executable) - BCBComPortTool.exe
- BCB Source code (archive) - source.rar